Saturday morning brought Cooper and I a chance to head out into the world and see what was going on. At my good friend Kristin's request, here is a photo journal of what Cooper and I saw as we went on our "let-mama-sleep" morning adventure.
We started out in the backyard, which is the picture on the far right corner. Then we walked out of the church driveway (notice "sleeping giant" mountain in the background). Then we made our way to baby-beach across the street, taking time to stop and smell the plumeria. The temperature was a balmy 79 degrees that day, and the wind was blowing smoothly from the east. We hung out on the beach for a little while, but like her mom, Cooper likes to keep it moving. So, we hopped on the ocean path (that's it at the bottom, looking back toward the mountains) and made our way into town. Along the way we checked out the fish in the river and the kids swimming at the city pool, which is right next to the ocean. We met some new friends who were cleaning up the path, and we stopped in for some coffee at the "old school" coffee house... which was really nice and delicious- and free, thanks to a gift certificate from the old gang at St. Paul's!
Walking downtown was quite an adventure, because we met lots of people who wanted to visit with this cute little wahine keiki- she was a real show-stopper! Kapa'a is a great little town with lots of cool restaurants and fun shops. Not only does it have a lot of local charm, but it's also got chickens! Coop-coop loves to squeal at the chickens! By the end of our walk, this little adventurer was falling asleep in the baby-bjorn and was ready for her nap. One of my favorite pictures is what an island-baby looks like when she's worn out! What a great day for daddy and baby-girl!
3 Comments:
Great pics Ben! How fun for Cooper
to spend the morning with her Dad!
Thanks for sending the address again! Hugs and kisses to precious
Cooper and all the other Nelsons!
Can't wait to see you'all! Love,Mimi
You are a good dad! Hope mom is feeling better. Everything looks so neat and remote. The flowers are absolutely beautiful! I cant wait to hear Cooper and the chickens talking! I pray yall have a easy transition! Kiss Coop and mom!
I want to come explore! I must say I am a bit envious!!!!! WOW!
Post a Comment