Well, it's been almost two weeks since we celebrated the fourth of July, but I couldn't resist posting some pics of our fun picnic after church on the weekend of the 4th. At the 9:30 service, we baptized three young 'uns, and then celebrated our freedom with some watermelon and hot dogs! As you can see from Linda's picture, Hawaiian hot dogs (which are fire-engine red from some dye that has probably been banned since the seventies) and watermelon are extra-delicious on a hot summer day. The picnic was spectacular because it was a great example of what this parish does very well- hospitality. Not only were there several generations of All Saints' folks in attendance, but there were also new folks like us mingling around with the "ol' timers." It really did my heart some good to enjoy this day with our new friends and laugh and play on the church grounds.
Thursday, July 17
Church Picnic- Kauai-Style!
Well, it's been almost two weeks since we celebrated the fourth of July, but I couldn't resist posting some pics of our fun picnic after church on the weekend of the 4th. At the 9:30 service, we baptized three young 'uns, and then celebrated our freedom with some watermelon and hot dogs! As you can see from Linda's picture, Hawaiian hot dogs (which are fire-engine red from some dye that has probably been banned since the seventies) and watermelon are extra-delicious on a hot summer day. The picnic was spectacular because it was a great example of what this parish does very well- hospitality. Not only were there several generations of All Saints' folks in attendance, but there were also new folks like us mingling around with the "ol' timers." It really did my heart some good to enjoy this day with our new friends and laugh and play on the church grounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 Comments:
What a WONDERFUL parish picnic! It looks like loads of fun for all! I notice the baby monitor on Linda's waist! Cooper must have had all the fun she could stand! She looks so good in her daddy's arms! I can't wait to participate in some of the church's activities. They look like a great new family for my son and his family. Love you!
What a cute little girl you have there!! Hopefully, one day, she and John can meet. I promise, he is a nice young man. Just drools alot. : ) Picnic looks like lots of fun. Funny, I thought church picnics were a southern thing. But, I guess not. Hopefully, you brought a little Mississippi redneck to the affair!
Kelly
PS--Thanks for the help with the slideshow! That was a clutch-play by the ol' Benzer!
Post a Comment