Well, as most of you know, I am quite a bit larger than the average surfer. Therefore, when shopping for a surfboard, I wanted to make sure that I got something that could handle my larger than usual frame and my incredible what-a-malan-ness. So, after a four month search of the garden isle, I finally found my perfect match for cruising the swells all year long. Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you "The Kalapaki Cruiser." I call it that now, but it's only a temporary name based on my local surf break (a really basic harbor with nice easy waves).
This incredible piece of fiberglass is a real work of art that can actually get me up and going in all kinds of surf. It's twelve feet long with a "glassed-in" fin and a fabric pattern on the nose. I think it's gorgeous, but I'm biased. Every time I go out, I learn a little bit more about surfing, and I gotta say... I love taking this crazy thing out. What a sport!
Now, since it is kind of like a boat (most of the "real" surfers around here would certainly say so) it's up to my family and friends to come up with a suitable name for this lady voyager. So... in the spirit of friendly competition, I'm asking all the blog-o-rama readers to put on their thinking caps for a naming contest. Post your comments on the blog and for our next post... the winner will be announced!
The Cruiser- pictured on top of the element... Two fine beach-going vessels.
2 Comments:
ok--I've been hoping someone else would post a name for your new board who is more creative than me. I don't think we want to leave it to your accountant friend to come up with a creative name. But, since no one else is stepping up to the plate, here-goes:
Nelso-board, Nelso-cruiser, the KC, the Crus-o-rama (in tribute to your blog name). That's all I've got for you.
WMB West Mississippi Boarder
Post a Comment